Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85044
Summary of Position:
The Dishwasher is responsible for keeping all cleanable items clean and maintaining the cleanliness of the work areas including ballroom kitchen, hospitality kitchen, loading dock and stewarding areas.
- Clean all plate ware, flatware, pots, pans, glassware, baking equipment, utensils, and silverware are cleaned on a daily basis according to specific operating procedures
- Maintain floors in stewarding area by sweeping and mopping as needed or requested.
- Maintain floor drains
- Keep all equipment operating effectively by ensuring it is clean and in good working order, complying with health department regulations
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment such as fryers, broilers, slicers, and conveyer line belts
- Prepare and assist in actual service of functions as needed
- Assist in transportation of all off property functions, transporting dishes to hot boxes
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots, and pans promptly and completely to allow cooks to complete their job functions.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Supervisor, Stewarding manager or Kitchen Manager.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience: Dish Room experience preferred.
- Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County food service worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform duties within varying temperatures of the ballroom kitchen
- Ability to use strong kitchen cleaning products in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise push goods on a cart (max. weight up to 200 lbs.) and to use all equipment; i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, to perform all essential functions.
- Ability to reach, lift, stoop, and stand on a continuous basis in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate and clean all kitchen equipment.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to provide requisitions as needed or specified by a supervisor.
- Ability to lift and transport heavy equipment
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Personal Characteristics:
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively English language to communicate with other associates
Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
744 Room Resort
About Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona’s most naturally beautiful places. The region’s only AAA Four-Diamond, all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world and the most visited hiking destination in the state. Arizona Grand Resort & Spa serves up stunning perspectives and unique Southwestern touches that make your visit to Phoenix feel naturally grand.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway, or taking the annual family vacation, you’ll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Company
Family-owned and family-built, Marc & Rose is an eclectic collection of iconic resorts and hidden gems — each a tribute to place-based sensuality and playful improvisation. Born of an irreverent spirit and a passion for hard work, our collection makes its home across the American West. It embodies the sounds, smells, and colors of iconic landscapes – and it doesn’t come to life without the human heart.
Our passionate team breathes new life into familiar places, imagines original spaces into being, and practices the art of welcome. We consider hospitality an essential part of being human. But it is also a calling — a creative and professional pursuit that requires curiosity, care, and grit. Because the heartbeat of genuine hospitality is always, first and foremost, you.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.