The Scott Resort & Spa
4925 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
The Canal Club is the hottest new restaurant on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana inspired property!
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook is responsible for preparation, set-up, and maintenance of all meat, fish, poultry, and other food items prepared in the broiler and sauté station for The Canal Club restaurant.
- Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items
- Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items
- Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
- Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
- Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years cooking experience in a similar environment required. Broiler and sauté experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures
- Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
- Ability to butcher fish and/or meat
- Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
- Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language in order to properly document incidents and activities utilizing Perspective Software.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create a heartfelt experience of genuine hospitality, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with o
The Scott Resort & Spa
204 Room Resort
The Scott is a vibrant, Mission style boutique resort in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. Bringing together the colors and comforts of old Havana, and the elegant geometry of The Bauhaus, the hotel offers a lush oasis retreat to the middle of the Sonoran Desert with 204 guest rooms and suites and two pools – a sand-bottom swimming pool perfect for families, the main lagoon pool with private cabanas and a pool bar. The Scott features the signature restaurant and bar, The Canal Club, specializing in modern Caribbean-American cuisine and offering a studious wine list and cinema-inspired craft cocktails. The full-service spa, La Vidorra, features six luxurious treatment rooms, providing a range of massage and facial treatments. The Scott has more than 14,500 square feet of indoor meeting space, in addition to ample outdoor event space.
About the Company
Family-owned and family-built, Marc & Rose is an eclectic collection of iconic resorts and hidden gems — each a tribute to place-based sensuality and playful improvisation. Born of an irreverent spirit and a passion for hard work, our collection makes its home across the American West. It embodies the sounds, smells, and colors of iconic landscapes – and it doesn’t come to life without the human heart.
Our passionate team breathes new life into familiar places, imagines original spaces into being, and practices the art of welcome. We consider hospitality an essential part of being human. But it is also a calling — a creative and professional pursuit that requires curiosity, care, and grit. Because the heartbeat of genuine hospitality is always, first and foremost, you.
The Scott Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Scott Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.