Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85044
Current Job Openings
Summary of Position:
The Prep Cook is responsible for preparing hot and cold food to the highest standards, by following recipes and procedures set for the restaurant. Prep all food items needed to complete service using procedures and guidelines set forth by management staff.
- Prepare all food items according to standard recipes, or as otherwise specified by supervisor, to ensure consistency of product to the guests
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, and meats in the preparation of menu items.
- Check and control the proper storage of product, especially produce
- Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
- Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Graduate preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Food preparation experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of food preparation
- Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
- Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
- Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Knowledgeable of potentially hazardous foods and their specific Danger Zones.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with guests, interpret event documents, and conduct employee meetings
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
744 Room Resort
About Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona’s most naturally beautiful places. The region’s only AAA Four-Diamond, all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world and the most visited hiking destination in the state. Arizona Grand Resort & Spa serves up stunning perspectives and unique Southwestern touches that make your visit to Phoenix feel naturally grand.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway, or taking the annual family vacation, you’ll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Company
Family-owned and family-built, Marc & Rose is an eclectic collection of iconic resorts and hidden gems — each a tribute to place-based sensuality and playful improvisation. Born of an irreverent spirit and a passion for hard work, our collection makes its home across the American West. It embodies the sounds, smells, and colors of iconic landscapes – and it doesn’t come to life without the human heart.
Our passionate team breathes new life into familiar places, imagines original spaces into being, and practices the art of welcome. We consider hospitality an essential part of being human. But it is also a calling — a creative and professional pursuit that requires curiosity, care, and grit. Because the heartbeat of genuine hospitality is always, first and foremost, you.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.