Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85044
Current Job Openings
Summary of Position:
The Oasis Supervisor, along with management, is responsible for overall park safety, achieved by conducting functional and administrative duties pertaining to the Oasis Waterpark. This includes lifeguard some training, guest activities programs and special functions.
- Maintain lifeguard availability throughout the season
- Inventory and order lifeguard supplies
- Organize all non-training paperwork
- Observe lifeguards to ensure they are upholding safety standards created by the Oasis Manager(s) and the Arizona Grand Resort, reporting any challenges to Oasis Manager(s) for coaching
- Assist with scheduling daily safety audits
- Implement and help oversee daily lifeguard and safety program, coordinating in-house safety audits and maintaining safety levels set forth by current lifeguard training program and any other guiding factors
- Assist managers with training all new lifeguards
- Perform lifeguard, head guard, and/or towel cabana duties as necessary
- Assist management with opening and closing duties for the Oasis which includes Food and Beverage Check outs
- Assist management with counting and paring the Oasis banks
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Oasis Manager(s) and the General Manager
Education: High School Diploma or graduation equivalent preferred
Experience: Lifeguard experience preferred. Public or private activity management experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Lifeguard Trainer Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clerical and organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of Aquatics
- Ability to learn all of the recreation and Oasis duties
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Service, AAA Diamond and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
744 Room Resort
About Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona’s most naturally beautiful places. The region’s only AAA Four-Diamond, all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world and the most visited hiking destination in the state. Arizona Grand Resort & Spa serves up stunning perspectives and unique Southwestern touches that make your visit to Phoenix feel naturally grand.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway, or taking the annual family vacation, you’ll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Company
Family-owned and family-built, Marc & Rose is an eclectic collection of iconic resorts and hidden gems — each a tribute to place-based sensuality and playful improvisation. Born of an irreverent spirit and a passion for hard work, our collection makes its home across the American West. It embodies the sounds, smells, and colors of iconic landscapes – and it doesn’t come to life without the human heart.
Our passionate team breathes new life into familiar places, imagines original spaces into being, and practices the art of welcome. We consider hospitality an essential part of being human. But it is also a calling — a creative and professional pursuit that requires curiosity, care, and grit. Because the heartbeat of genuine hospitality is always, first and foremost, you.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.