The Canal Club
4925 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
The Canal Club is the hottest new lobby bar and restaurant on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary and beverage history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property!
Compensation: 12.35 + tips
Summary of Position:
The Barback is responsible for the initial preparation of the bars operating in the restaurant.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits.
- Stocks mixes and juices in sufficient amounts according to business need
- Stores back-up supplies according to manufacturers suggestions
- Maintains cleanliness of glassware, following health code standards
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, beer locker, refrigeration and storage areas, complying with health code standards.
- Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate levels of supplies, i.e. stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc… for both the immediate bar area and extended service area.
- Replenishes ice containers
- Boxes and saves used liquor bottles for later returns and requisitions
- Transports and maintains taps and kegs
- Perform other duties as requested by management including, but not limited to, cleaning guest spills, running food, etc…
Education: High School Graduate preferred
Experience: Prior bar experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Food Handler’s card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and comply with all State, Federal, and Resort liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Knowledgeable in preparation and serving of alcoholic beverages
- Basic mathematical skills to calculate portion sizes
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with guests and read written product label instructions
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A Genuine, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
The Canal Club
The Scott Resort & Spa's signature restaurant, The Canal Club, specializing in modern Cuban-American cuisine and Caribbean inspired cocktails.
The Canal Club is infused with the colors and comforts of 1930s Havana aesthetic, bringing together the culture and soul of New Orleans and the classic architectural geometry of The Bauhaus, all while celebrating the desert oasis sanctuary it calls home. The restaurant, bar and lounge area offer a casual, yet elegant ambiance throughout the dining room and lobby, while capitalizing on its ideal indoor-outdoor layout, creating a vibrant and comfortable atmosphere.
Under direction of Executive Chef Alex Pasco, The Canal Club serves three meals a day in the main dining room, in addition to a selection of tapas and libations at the lobby bar. Aside from the delicious food, The Canal Club’s beverage program is crafted to provide a fresh departure from the local area cocktail scene; a careful infusion of modern technique and classic fundamentals.
The Canal Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Scott Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.