The Canal Club
4925 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
If you LOVE taking care of people while they are relaxing in our spectacular "backyard" then this job is for you! Be an ambassador for the pool experience at The Canal Club at The Scott Resort and Spa where we provide a HEARTfelt experience to all!
Compensation: 11.35 + tips
Summary of Position:
The Scott / Canal Club Pool Server is responsible for the HEARTfelt and BEyond Expecations service of food and/or beverages, to include making guest connections, taking F&B orders and delivering the delicious items to the guest in a friendly, courteous, timely and caring manner.
- Check and maintain proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during, and after shift
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials and/or promotion.
- Record the guests orders, up-selling when applicable
- Requires memorization of entire available drink selection menu
- Inputs orders into point of sale system to inform bartender and/or kitchen an order was placed.
- Retrieve order from the kitchen, confirm accuracy, and deliver food/beverages to guest with appropriate condiments.
- Abide by all state, federal, and resort liquor regulations.
- Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction
- Presents the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return.
- Other supportive functions as determined by Canal Club/F&B management or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: 2 years high-volume serving experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa CountyFood Service Worker card/certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic food and beverage preparations, including service of alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of service ware and menu items
- Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items
- Ability to transport large trays of drinks, weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate a point of sale system and follow point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
The Canal Club
The Scott Resort & Spa's signature restaurant, The Canal Club, specializing in modern Cuban-American cuisine and Caribbean inspired cocktails.
The Canal Club is infused with the colors and comforts of 1930s Havana aesthetic, bringing together the culture and soul of New Orleans and the classic architectural geometry of The Bauhaus, all while celebrating the desert oasis sanctuary it calls home. The restaurant, bar and lounge area offer a casual, yet elegant ambiance throughout the dining room and lobby, while capitalizing on its ideal indoor-outdoor layout, creating a vibrant and comfortable atmosphere.
Under direction of Executive Chef Alex Pasco, The Canal Club serves three meals a day in the main dining room, in addition to a selection of tapas and libations at the lobby bar. Aside from the delicious food, The Canal Club’s beverage program is crafted to provide a fresh departure from the local area cocktail scene; a careful infusion of modern technique and classic fundamentals.
The Canal Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Scott Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.