The Canal Club
4925 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
The Canal Club is the coolest lobby bar, restaurant and pool oasis on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary and beverage history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property! This is an excellent, entry level management opportunity!
Summary of Position:
The Canal Club / F&B Supervisor will assist management with two points of emphasis (1) train and coach peers, lead the team towards meeting and exceeding restaurant standards in the areas of guest service, sales goals, product knowledge and front of the house operations, and (2) assume a supervisory/Manager on Duty role by performing associated tasks when asked by management to do so.
- Assist in serving guests and patrons at the Canal Club and Lobby Bar.
- Train new hires and provide feedback to management to help determine skill level
- Coach new and existing staff in daily operations by helping to lead the team towards meeting and exceeding standards in guest service, lead the team to uphold the restaurant appearance, help enforce policies and procedures, aid in leading the team to execute daily tasks and ensure successful completion, help the team with time management and be a support when management is not available to assist the line staff.
- Supervise the execution of side work and cleaning duties among peers.
- Assist with inventory as needed.
- Assist with opening/closing managerial duties as needed.
- Work collaboratively with F&B management and department heads.
- Work respectfully with Chef de Cuisine and Culinary Staff.
- Maintain optimal dress code standards at all times.
- Enforce and reinforce resort policies at all times.
- Assist with employee evaluations as needed.
- Assist with developing incentives/employee motivation activities with management.
- And other tasks as assigned by the Director of Restaurant & Bars, Director of Hotel Operations, F&B Manager(s), Resort Management and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Previous food and beverage supervisory experience required
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification required. First Aid Training and CPR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Ability to calculate percentages and use advanced math skills.
- Knowledge of scheduling and basic ordering procedures.
- Ability to handle a high stress environment, working under pressure.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
The Canal Club
The Scott Resort & Spa's signature restaurant, The Canal Club, specializing in modern Cuban-American cuisine and Caribbean inspired cocktails.
The Canal Club is infused with the colors and comforts of 1930s Havana aesthetic, bringing together the culture and soul of New Orleans and the classic architectural geometry of The Bauhaus, all while celebrating the desert oasis sanctuary it calls home. The restaurant, bar and lounge area offer a casual, yet elegant ambiance throughout the dining room and lobby, while capitalizing on its ideal indoor-outdoor layout, creating a vibrant and comfortable atmosphere.
Under direction of Executive Chef Alex Pasco, The Canal Club serves three meals a day in the main dining room, in addition to a selection of tapas and libations at the lobby bar. Aside from the delicious food, The Canal Club’s beverage program is crafted to provide a fresh departure from the local area cocktail scene; a careful infusion of modern technique and classic fundamentals.
The Canal Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Scott Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.