Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85044
Current Job Openings
- Public Space Attendant - Oasis Waterpark
- Sales Manager
- Golf Outside Service (HPR)
- Reservations Sales Agent
- Golf Spray Technician
- Reservations Sales Agent
- Banquet Set-Up (AM)
- Banquet Set-Up (PM)
- Security Officer / EMT
- Lead Line Cook - Lobby Grill
- Line Cook 3 - Lobby Grill
- Administrative Assistant / Dispatcher
Summary of Position:
The Lead Line Cook is responsible for preparation, set-up, and maintenance of all meat, fish, poultry, and other food items prepared in the broiler and sauté station. Responsible for preparing and cooking all of the sauces, soups and stock. Ensure that kitchen orders have been properly prepared and verbally call tickets to the other line cooks before they are sold.
- Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items.
- Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items.
- Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
- Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations.
- Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
- Prepare all sauces, soups, and stocks for Kitchen following standard procedure.
- Prepare all items listed on daily prep lists, following standard procedure.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, and meats in the preparation of menu items.
- Check and control proper storage of product, in dry storage and especially produce.
- And any other task/job given by the Supervisor, Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years cooking experience in a similar environment required. Broiler and sauté experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures
- Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc.
- Ability to butcher fish and/or meat.
- Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes.
- Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and secret shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with employees, read written product label instructions, and complete requisition forms.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
744 Room Resort
About Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona’s most naturally beautiful places. The region’s only AAA Four-Diamond, all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world and the most visited hiking destination in the state. Arizona Grand Resort & Spa serves up stunning perspectives and unique Southwestern touches that make your visit to Phoenix feel naturally grand.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway, or taking the annual family vacation, you’ll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Company
Family-owned and family-built, Marc & Rose is an eclectic collection of iconic resorts and hidden gems — each a tribute to place-based sensuality and playful improvisation. Born of an irreverent spirit and a passion for hard work, our collection makes its home across the American West. It embodies the sounds, smells, and colors of iconic landscapes – and it doesn’t come to life without the human heart.
Our passionate team breathes new life into familiar places, imagines original spaces into being, and practices the art of welcome. We consider hospitality an essential part of being human. But it is also a calling — a creative and professional pursuit that requires curiosity, care, and grit. Because the heartbeat of genuine hospitality is always, first and foremost, you.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.