The Scott Resort & Spa
4925 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Summary of Position:
The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing welcoming, friendly, efficient, resourceful and hospitable service at the front desk, including check in, check out and guest resolution.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer/property management system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary
- Providing safety deposit boxes, upon request
- Arrange registration cards and complete bucket check
- Other tasks as assigned by Front Office Supervisor/Front Office Manager/Director of Rooms
- Incorporate the Mystery Shopper Standards into every interaction
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required; college education highly preferred
Experience: Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
- Ability to utilize a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Must type a minimum of 15 WPM
- Behaves with HEART: Helpful Ethical Attentive Resourceful Thankful
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott's leaders and employees believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create HEARTfelt experiences…Beyond Expectations, warmly and genuinely inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at The Scott, employees must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating the highest level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly, enthusiastic and empowered employees treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
The Scott Resort & Spa
204 Room Resort
The Scott is a vibrant, Mission style boutique resort in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. Bringing together the colors and comforts of old Havana, and the elegant geometry of The Bauhaus, the hotel offers a lush oasis retreat to the middle of the Sonoran Desert with 204 guest rooms and suites and two pools – a sand-bottom swimming pool perfect for families, the main lagoon pool with private cabanas and a pool bar. The Scott features the signature restaurant and bar, The Canal Club, specializing in modern Caribbean-American cuisine and offering a studious wine list and cinema-inspired craft cocktails. The full-service spa, La Vidorra, features six luxurious treatment rooms, providing a range of massage and facial treatments. The Scott has more than 14,500 square feet of indoor meeting space, in addition to ample outdoor event space.
About the Company
Family-owned and family-built, Marc & Rose is an eclectic collection of iconic resorts and hidden gems — each a tribute to place-based sensuality and playful improvisation. Born of an irreverent spirit and a passion for hard work, our collection makes its home across the American West. It embodies the sounds, smells, and colors of iconic landscapes – and it doesn’t come to life without the human heart.
Our passionate team breathes new life into familiar places, imagines original spaces into being, and practices the art of welcome. We consider hospitality an essential part of being human. But it is also a calling — a creative and professional pursuit that requires curiosity, care, and grit. Because the heartbeat of genuine hospitality is always, first and foremost, you.
The Scott Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Scott Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.