The Scott Resort & Spa
4925 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Provide enthusiastic, heartfelt, and detailed administrative support to the General Manager and Operational Leaders of The Scott Resort & Spa, Scottsdale's most popular and instagrammable destination and part of the Marc & Rose Hospitality portfolio!
Compensation: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour DOE
Summary of Position:
To provide administrative support for the General Manager including, but not limited to, communication, scheduling, special projects, computer work, answering telephones, printing reports, maintaining files and departmental records/logs. Coordinate and maintain the Executive Office operations and create and maintain strong relationships with associates and leaders to ensure internal and external guest satisfaction, resort profitability, and promote a culture of genuine hospitality.
* Professional phone and email communication for the role and on behalf of the General Manager.
* Works closely with resort operational departments, Event Management and Human Resources.
* Attention to detail in all forms of communication on behalf of the operation.
* Resort public relations/communications, including: TripAdvisor, Yelp, daily internal newsletter, announcements and more.
* Communicate information such as reports, policies, meetings and messages as assigned according to resort standards.
* Create and maintain organizational platform for electronic files.
* Maintain confidentiality and security of specified resort information, correspondence, reports and files.
* Coordinate resort and group VIP reservations and Amenities; ie welcome notes, special requests, etc.
* Coordinate travel arrangements, hotel reservations and car rentals as required for the travel needs of ownership / VIPs.
* Respond to guest requests/complaints and communicate such to respective leaders for proper handling as well as follow up for guest satisfaction.
* Promote positive relations with guests, leaders, and associates.
* Prepare requests for complimentary/discounted room reservations/gift certificates and distribute according to resort procedures.
* Maintain complete knowledge of, and comply with, all resort and departmental policies and procedures, as well as the use of all office equipment, computer and manual systems.
* Access all functions of computer according to work requirements (ex: Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint, etc.).
Education: College Degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years' experience in an administrative or support position, preferably in the hospitality industry.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong computer knowledge.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Some marketing / PR experience is preferred.
Ability to organize, prioritize and work with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
Clear thinker who can remain calm and professional under any and all situations.
Detail oriented and resourceful.
Willingness to support other operational leaders and departments as needed.
Behaves ethically. Demonstrates high level of respect and courtesy for guests, patrons, and associates with a focus on customer service.
Maintains a neat and organized workspace; maintains, reviews, and updates important documents pertinent to role and department.
Is an effective communicator. Speaks in a clear, thorough and calm manner; listens intently and asks pertinent questions. Is able to express ideas clearly and effectively in both written and verbal communications. Documents incidents and activities in a concise and detailed manner. Able to read and write in the English language.
Exhibits care in appearance and attention to detail, as appropriate for a luxury Resort, and adheres to company-issued appearance and grooming standards.
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa
204 Room Resort
The Scott is a vibrant, Mission style boutique resort in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. Bringing together the colors and comforts of old Havana, and the elegant geometry of The Bauhaus, the hotel offers a lush oasis retreat to the middle of the Sonoran Desert with 204 guest rooms and suites and two pools – a sand-bottom swimming pool perfect for families, the main lagoon pool with private cabanas and a pool bar. The Scott features the signature restaurant and bar, The Canal Club, specializing in modern Caribbean-American cuisine and offering a studious wine list and cinema-inspired craft cocktails. The full-service spa, La Vidorra, features six luxurious treatment rooms, providing a range of massage and facial treatments. The Scott has more than 14,500 square feet of indoor meeting space, in addition to ample outdoor event space.
About the Company
Family-owned and family-built, Marc & Rose is an eclectic collection of iconic resorts and hidden gems — each a tribute to place-based sensuality and playful improvisation. Born of an irreverent spirit and a passion for hard work, our collection makes its home across the American West. It embodies the sounds, smells, and colors of iconic landscapes – and it doesn’t come to life without the human heart.
Our passionate team breathes new life into familiar places, imagines original spaces into being, and practices the art of welcome. We consider hospitality an essential part of being human. But it is also a calling — a creative and professional pursuit that requires curiosity, care, and grit. Because the heartbeat of genuine hospitality is always, first and foremost, you.
The Scott Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Scott Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.