The Canal Club
4925 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
The Canal Club is the coolest lobby bar and restaurant on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary and beverage history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property!
BEST VIEW of our GUESTS' EXPERIENCE ON THE PROPERTY!
Summary of Position:
The Hostperson is responsible for meeting. greeting and welcoming guests as they arrive, offering their choice of seating, escorting them to their table, and presenting menus; HIGHLY prefer availability for AM and PM shifts - weekends are also preferred!
- Supervise dining room to ensure proper service and guest enjoyment
- Meet and greet every guest as they arrive, offering choice of seating, escorting guests to their tables, and presenting menus
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room including server stations, reserved tables, and proper balance around the dining room
- Maintain a cash drawer, giving out correct change to servers and guests
- Keep staff informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events, and memos
- Upkeep on happy hour/cocktail tables
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Restaurant guest service experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card/Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to memorize menu items sufficient to answer guest questions
- Ability to move throughout a crowded dining room to seat guests
- Ability to do basic arithmetic
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
The Canal Club
The Scott Resort & Spa's signature restaurant, The Canal Club, specializing in modern Cuban-American cuisine and Caribbean inspired cocktails.
The Canal Club is infused with the colors and comforts of 1930s Havana aesthetic, bringing together the culture and soul of New Orleans and the classic architectural geometry of The Bauhaus, all while celebrating the desert oasis sanctuary it calls home. The restaurant, bar and lounge area offer a casual, yet elegant ambiance throughout the dining room and lobby, while capitalizing on its ideal indoor-outdoor layout, creating a vibrant and comfortable atmosphere.
Under direction of Executive Chef Alex Pasco, The Canal Club serves three meals a day in the main dining room, in addition to a selection of tapas and libations at the lobby bar. Aside from the delicious food, The Canal Club’s beverage program is crafted to provide a fresh departure from the local area cocktail scene; a careful infusion of modern technique and classic fundamentals.
The Canal Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Scott Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.