Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85044
Current Job Openings
- Public Space Attendant - Oasis Waterpark
- Sales Manager
- Golf Outside Service (HPR)
- Reservations Sales Agent
- Golf Spray Technician
- Reservations Sales Agent
- Banquet Set-Up (AM)
- Banquet Set-Up (PM)
- Security Officer / EMT
- Lead Line Cook - Lobby Grill
- Line Cook 3 - Lobby Grill
- Administrative Assistant / Dispatcher
Summary of Position:
The Landscape Gardener is responsible for maintaining landscaped resort areas to provide a pleasant environment for guests and has extensive previous gardening experience.
- Safely operate equipment including mowers and trimmers and other implements.
- Maintain overall property cleanliness.
- Clean up and trim trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Hand water plants, as necessary.
- Adjust and repair sprinkler system.
- Plant trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Maintain equipment is always in working order and ready to be used at any time.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Forepersons, Landscaping Manager, Assistant Directors of Property Operations, Director of Property Operations and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years landscaping experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record. License checks will be conducted periodically.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work during adverse weather conditions.
- Able to understand and communicate repair challenges.
- Able to lift, push and pull heavy items (10 – 90+lbs.).
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in landscaping including sprinkler systems.
- Installation skills for trees plants and flowers.
- Trimming skills of trees and shrubs.
- General knowledge of trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Able to operate equipment and tools used in landscaping.
- Able to walk, stand, bend, and kneel for extended periods.
- Able to tolerate extreme weather conditions (90% of time is spent outdoors).
- Skills in planning and organizing.
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job .
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
744 Room Resort
About Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona’s most naturally beautiful places. The region’s only AAA Four-Diamond, all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world and the most visited hiking destination in the state. Arizona Grand Resort & Spa serves up stunning perspectives and unique Southwestern touches that make your visit to Phoenix feel naturally grand.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway, or taking the annual family vacation, you’ll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Company
Family-owned and family-built, Marc & Rose is an eclectic collection of iconic resorts and hidden gems — each a tribute to place-based sensuality and playful improvisation. Born of an irreverent spirit and a passion for hard work, our collection makes its home across the American West. It embodies the sounds, smells, and colors of iconic landscapes – and it doesn’t come to life without the human heart.
Our passionate team breathes new life into familiar places, imagines original spaces into being, and practices the art of welcome. We consider hospitality an essential part of being human. But it is also a calling — a creative and professional pursuit that requires curiosity, care, and grit. Because the heartbeat of genuine hospitality is always, first and foremost, you.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.